- Promotes stronger hair follicles by boosting anchoring of follicles in the scalp
- Encourages faster collagen production and skin cell growth
- Boosts structural collagen
- Protects against skin and tissue inflammation
- Protects against free radical skin damage
- Protects the gut by maintaining strong gut health as a result of a healthy microbiome
- 160% increase in skin cell turn-over
- promotes wrinkle reduction by building the dermal (top layer of skin) and epidermal (next layer) junction
Why Keratin? For Healthy Skin, Hair and Nails
The outermost and visible layer of your skin is composed mostly of the protein keratin, and within every cell in the skin keratin is responsible for keeping the cell functioning well. Over the last few years high profile medical research has shown that keratin protein plays a critical role in healing and cellular renewal within the skin tissue. This is important because skin cell metabolism and function slows down as we age.
The role of keratin protein is both immediate and long term. Initially, the intact keratin protein forms a well-organized layer on the skin surface that lifts and tightens the skin, which gives an immediate increase in skin smoothness. Ongoing use delivers keratin to the skin cells to help develop healthy skin structure, leading to less puffiness and long term radiant, smooth and healthy skin.
Our Bio-active Keratin Stimulates Collagen Production
The keratin we use within our formulations is sustainably sourced, bio-available and shown to stimulate collagen. In research completed by the University of Miami, skin cells made more collagen 4 (C4) and collagen 7 (C7) in the presence of this keratin. C4 and C7 build and strengthen the dermal-epidermal junction; the two layers of the skin that join together to keep skin smooth and firm.
Recent scientific publications into the biological function of keratin have highlighted its importance for healthy skin and healing. Beyond using a unique bio-active form, produced eco-consciously using patented processes regulated to international quality standards, and proven as safe by international standards of testing (RIPT, Ames, HETCAM, EpiDerm).
Biological Skin Effects of our Bio-active Sustainable Keratin
- Moisturisation – building skin structure to improve moisturisation, with increased cell proliferation leading to hyaluronic acid and collagen synthesis.
- Anti-oxidant protection – boosting the body’s master anti-oxidant glutathione to protect cells from within.
- Calms redness and irritation – through the suppression of prostaglandin E2
So Skin Appears;
- Smooth, Plump & Firm Skin for a Youthful Glow
- With less fine lines and wrinkles